My sixth of n watercolors of Neko Harbour. The image below was taken with dried paint and natural, but shaded, light.
For this edition of Neko Harbour, I focused on the rocks in the foreground. I wanted more texture, less diffusion of pigment, and more highlights. I managed to pick up a section of the pigment with the brush and move it, which was startling to me. I used less watered pigment for some of the shadows, and actually added some pigment to the algae colored snow. I think the foreground turned out well.
After laying the paint down for the middle glacier, I was unhappy with the way it looked when dried. I watered my smallest brush and tried to lift the pigment. To my delight, the lifting created a hard line, similar to the hard edges at the glacier waterline.
I am delighted by this version, I learned a bunch trying the different techniques. Oh, I know the painting has room for many improvements (the sky, the upper glacier, showing in the water, the edge of the water fog, the middle mist, and, oof, the colors are still way off), but I am seeing progress, and ninety four more paintings to go - delight!